The Department of Digital Systems and Information Security, being a structural subdivision of the Ministry of Education of Turkmenistan, implements the state policy of the President of Turkmenistan on the development of the digital education system.
The main tasks of the department are:
- implementation of the policy of the President of Turkmenistan in the field of developing the digital education system, providing all levels of education with high-quality electronic educational information, improving the quality and introducing innovative teaching methods;
- development of the digital education system, promotion of the development of the digital economy and cybersecurity;
- provide digital services to the population, coordinate the development and implementation of digital educational services;
- introduction of digital technologies in the education system and its continuous improvement;
- carrying out coordinated actions with the competent authorities in the field of cybersecurity in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan.
The main functions of the department are:
- coordination of the work of educational institutions on the implementation of state policy aimed at developing the digital education system;
- assistance in the creation and development of a single educational portal;
- promoting the introduction of digital educational technologies in all educational institutions, as well as the introduction of information and communication technologies in the management of educational institutions;
- contribute to increasing the availability of electronic educational resources and services;
- promoting the professional development and development of teachers' competencies in the use and management of digital educational technologies and cybersecurity;
- coordinate the development and implementation of digital educational services;
- promotion of literacy in the field of the digital economy and information security in educational institutions;
- implementation of the cybersecurity policy in the education system, analysis and prevention of cybersecurity risks;
- carrying out activities related to the development and implementation of software for the digital education system, digital services (together with the relevant departments of the Ministry, higher educational institutions);
- monitors the implementation of the legislation of Turkmenistan in the field of the digital education system, digital economy and cybersecurity;
- participation in negotiations with foreign organizations on issues of digital education, preparation of relevant documents for the conclusion of international agreements and programs.